Here are some of our top tips to get the most out of your Video My Business Profile.
Remember who you’re appealing to. This is without doubt the most important factor when considering your video producer profile; you must remember who your target market is. At Video My Business, we are directly targeting directors of micro and small businesses, and managing directors of medium sized businesses. These are the influential decision makers in the process of getting a corporate video produced. With an average age of 44, these people are often not as tech–savvy as groups of video production professionals like you. Having not grown up with computers and electronic devices, they generally prefer simplicity and straightforwardness.
This a great opportunity to enhance your number of enquiries. A quality piece of text about you or your video production company could be the difference between appealing to customers or not.
- Make sure it is well punctuated with good grammar; prospective customers want to see a reliable, professional company.
- Give some background - ideally you could write a very short story to really engage your reader and keep their attention. A brief introduction, middle, and an ending could really help!
- Don’t be too brash and boastful. Sure, you may have won ten awards and done jobs for fantastic previous clients but try to remain reserved. If you’re waving everything around in potential customers’ faces they may well be put off.
A logo or a profile image could be the decider between a potential customer staying on your page or not. Use these tips to help maximise your chances!
- Your profile image is a great opportunity to help convey your video production brand or marketing message. By creating your own image relating to you and your company, you are instantly displaying a more professional service. Again, if you are a particularly friendly service then why not have a quality picture of you and your team - a great way for people to relate to you without even meeting you, and creating a more personal experience.
- To get the best quality photo, we advise you to export your image or photo in .png format in a 4:3 aspect ratio and a minimum resolution of 640px wide and 480px high.
Show Reel & Example Videos
The right selection of videos is crucial - you need to relate to your target market in order to give you the best chance of getting those leads. These hints should give you a better chance:
- Use your show reel as your main promotional video. You never know what a potential customer could be looking for, so by using a show reel displaying a variety of video production clips, you will appeal to a wider audience.
- Keep your videos business orientated - remember who your target market is!
With Video My Business, we allow you to upload a custom video thumbnail. But what is a thumbnail you may ask? A video thumbnail is the image which appears as a preview image before you click to make a video play.
The way Video My Business works, the video thumbnail for your main video is displayed in the search results. If you are looking to easily stand out against other video producers and your competitors, then here is a great opportunity to do it. Below is an example of how one of our video producers, YourFilm, really stands out with a professional looking video thumbnail.